Flipped | Teen Ink

Flipped

By jessicak53 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
jessicak53 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Have you ever loved or liked someone but the person u like hates you? The book that I just finished was Flipped by Wendein van Draanen. In the book there is a boy named Bryce. He has blue eyes and a good looking boy. He lives across the street from a sweet girl named Julianna. She has fluffy hair, she always is happy and does not care what anyone says or thinks about her. One day she saw a moving truck pull into the house across the street from her. Her eyes open big and she asks her mother if she could meet the new people. Her mothers said “Give them some time they just pulled in”. Julianna would ask every three minutes if she could say hello, soon her mother said yes and Julianna was out the door running to say hello. Then she saw Him they boy with blue eyes she had to get to know him. His name was Bryce and he seemed nice to her. But on Bryce’s point of view Julianna was scary to him, but he was also seven at the time and so was Julianna. Years past and Julianna was in love with Bryce, but Bryce hated her. Every day he would walk slowly to the bus stop so he would not meet up with her. This went on for years.
Flipped is a very Funny book, It will make you laugh and feel a lot of emotions. My opinion on the book is very strong because I love all the characters in the book; I loved the style the author picked for the book. I felt my reactions on the book is a lot stronger then other books because I liked it so much, one of my reactions was when Bryce did something very nice to Julianna, it made me smile and feel better.
You have to give this book a try. If you are a person that does not like to read that much you should try this book. It is not a long book and it’s a good pass the time book. If I would have to give this book a rating I would give is a five stars, so that’s my overall opinion of the book and I hope you give it a try.