Tangerine by Edward Bloor | Teen Ink

Tangerine by Edward Bloor

By Natatatatatata BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Natatatatatata BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

What if you have an injury and you don’t even remember how you got it? Well that’s what happens to Paul Fisher in the realistic fiction book Tangerine written by Edward Bloor. Paul has very big glasses that he has to wear because he can’t see very well. Something happened to him that made him have to get these glasses. The problem is he doesn’t remember what happened. But he knows his brother had something to do with it. As the story goes on though he starts to remember exactly what had happened. Paul also really enjoys playing soccer. He tries to make friends by playing but it’s hard because he gets made fun of because of his glasses and because his brother is so mean.

I thought Tangerine was an awesome book. A reason I thought it was so good was because it had suspense. For example when Paul was playing in the soccer games the teams were very competitive, and would often get into fights which were very intense. Also the way Edward Bloor wrote the book was very interesting. He had a lot of detail in his writing. This makes it fun to read because it feels like you really get to know the characters and you can really relate to them. This story really makes me think too. I mean what if your brother did something to you that made you get these huge glasses, but you can’t remember what he did. That would terrify me!

I would recommend this book to anyone who is in middle school or is who is older. If I had to rate it on a scale of one to ten I would give it a solid ten. It’s definitly a page turner!