freak the mighty by rodman philbrick | Teen Ink

freak the mighty by rodman philbrick

By steven mendez BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
steven mendez BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado

My book is Freak the mighty and I think you should read this book. It is about this kid named freak and his friend named Max. The kid Max well I can explain him a kid that has been called stupid and dumb his whole life. Every person is scared of him because he is like six feet tall and I guess he is stupid. So that means that his body grows faster than his brain. But he learned how to stay away from others that called him names and people that did not like him until his new best friend Freak came along.

He was different from Max he was short and smart and kind of weird too. When Max and Freak are together they are unstoppable. Then all the sudden something happened in the last few chapters of the book. I can’t tell you though but you can read the book to find out more of what happens you well be surprised what happens, But in the next book Max finds a new friend to go on a journey with and you would like that book also. I liked the whole book except those last few chapters but it was good I liked the book because they go on adventures I also like to go on adventures and he tells stories and similes and metaphors that are very funny to people. I would recommend this book to the years ten and up because there is not a lot of pictures and some hard words. I would recommend you to read the book Freak the Mighty & Max the Mighty because they both are good books you should read the series because you need to read the one book than the another to finish the series. I would give this book a 5 out of 5 stars. Because he gets more open to people than he did before.