The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Thisis the book for all my fellow ladies who love a "hand-held chickflick." It's food for the soul that longs to read a book about falling inlove, forbidden love and true friendship.

The story unfolds right beforesummer vacation with four best friends: Carmen, the pessimist who visits herdistant father; Bridget, the athlete who leaves for soccer camp; Lena, the quietbeauty who visits her grandparents in Greece; and Tibby, the rebel who is stuckin their hometown with a boring job at the drugstore.

Right beforesummer, Carmen buys a pair of pants at a thrift store. Surprisingly, these pantsfit each of the four friends perfectly. The night before they begin their magicalsummer, they make a promise to each wear the pants and then send them withletters describing their adventures while wearing them.

My favorite memorymade in the pants was when Lena's grandfather punched another man, startingtrouble for the girl and getting blood on the traveling pants. To find out whythey were fighting, and more fun memories the girls shared in the pants, you willhave to read this book. I guarantee it's great.

This is Ann Brashares'sfirst novel, and I look forward to reading more by her. It was very interestingto learn that she got the idea for this story from a colleague whose friendsreally did share pants. Even cooler is that Brashares feels pants are importantto women, especially those jeans that make us feel good every time we wearthem.

I read The Sisterhood and then told all my friends about it. Thisdelightful book proves that nothing beats the love between girlfriends. Can youfind a book better than that?

ktmracing25 said...
This is a really crazy book its funny and good also i like there pants and what they wear... i think personally its a really good book and please like and subscibe !!!!!!!!!!!!           ... I LOVE IT