Deadline by Chris Crutcher | Teen Ink

Deadline by Chris Crutcher

By pheasant BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
pheasant BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota

The book “Deadline” is kind of a suspense story. One thing changed an eighteen year old senior’s life, and how he saw things.

“Deadline” is about a kid who is a senior in high school. He finds out some very bad news from the doctor in the beginning of the story from the doctor. He was a star cross country runner, but instead of going out for cross country this year he decides to go out for football. He decides not to tell anybody his news except for the doctor knows and his football coach knows about his condition. He is a very small kid for a senior and many people wonder why he went out for football this year instead of cross country.

Chris Crutcher writes this book as if he was the main character. I think he is a very talented writer, especially when it comes to books about sports. He also does a good job of sticking to the story.

I think this is a great book. I like it because it is about football, and I agree with most of the decisions that the main character make’s .I think it is a great story that kept my attention throughout the entire story.

I would recommend this book to all of my friends whether they like sports or not, because it is a really good book. I have read other books by Chris Crutcher and I also thought they were very good. I think you should try to read this book, because you will most likely like it.