A Child Called It by David Pelzer | Teen Ink

A Child Called It by David Pelzer

By Jesuslover<3 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Jesuslover<3 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

A Child Called It, is a very sad and burdensome book. I almost cried while reading it. It tells of a boy named David Pelzer, who got brutally and physically abused by his alcoholic mother. He begged her to let him have his life as a boy back, but she enjoyed torturing him and continued to do it non-stop.

David's mother would torture David in the worst ways possible. She once made him squish his face in his younger brother's diaper, getting all the feces in his nostrils and on his face. She tried to get David to lie on the stove, naked, but she only managed to get his arm burned. She would lock David in the bathroom with a bucket full of ammonia and clorox, and make him stay in there until he would throw-up. David got no oustide help from his father, because his mother ruled the family household.

I have sorrow for David and the way he was treated as a boy. His mother should not have done that to him and he should have gotten a regular life just like any other boy/kid. This circumstance should never be an option in a family household. It should never happen anywhere.