Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

You probably know at least one person who is a crazed and obsessed fan with Stephanie Meyers novel, Twilight, you might think that it is just “some book” and you do not know why people love it so much. You may think that it is not worth the time to read and that you have better things to do. Honestly, I had the same opinion about the novel. I would always say, “What is so good about Twilight? Its is just a 544 page book about a bunch of unrealistic vampires that suck human blood for hunger satisfaction.” However, it is deeper than that, it is about the romance of forbidden love of the handsome, mysterious vampire, Edward Cullen, and the beautiful, shy human, Bella Swan.
The novel starts out as Bella is moving from a hot and humid Phoenix, Arizona, to cold and rainy Forks, Washington to live with her father, Charlie. Bella enrolls at the Forks High School where she meets the family that changes her life, The Cullen's. I would say one of the most awkward moments for Bella would be when she first met Edward and sat next to him in class. Edward was covering his nose because he was trying to control himself from Bella's beautiful scent and after class was over, he raced out of there and tried to change his class. Bella was extremely offended and wanted to confront him about it. Bella knew there was something different about the Cullen's, but she had no idea that they were vampires yet.
As the novel continues, Edward and Bella's love start growing more and more for each other. At one point in the novel, Edward follows Bella to a town where she helps her friends get dresses for a dance. When Bella is alone at night in a dark alley, there are a few guys going toward Bella who want to make some trouble. However, Edward has a power where he can read peoples minds and he heard what those guys were thinking which made him furious. He drives up in his Volvo, almost running the guys over and saves Bella from being hurt in any way. This is the night that Bella realizes Edward Cullen is a vampire.
The rest of the novel leads you through a great deal of adventure, fun, love, romance, and even some violence. Once you start reading the novel, you will not want to put it down to even eat dinner. From someone who knows and went through it, I could not stop until I got to the very last page. When you finish it, you will understand why so many people love it as much as they do. You may even become an obsessed fan as well.
As you may know, the sequel to Twilight the movie, New Moon comes out November 20, 2009. It will be a great opportunity to read Twilight now so you will be caught up and prepared for New Moon the movie if you were planning on seeing it in theatres.

JesusandHisLawyers said...
Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:32 am
Oi. I usually try to stay out of YA lit reviews, because frankly, they're so below my reading level that it's not even worth picking them apart. Besides, most everybody Twilight.

It's interesting to me that nobody has pointed out the pretty overtly misogynistic and abusive nature of our heroes' relationship(s).

We have Edward, whom Bella quite literally cannot live without. The book describes her giving herself over to him, trusting him utterly ... (more »)

BlueRain said...

Adventure? FUN? Did I read the wrong book? It starts out with Bella moving to (as Meyer describes it) the most boring town ever. Bella is basically against fun. She complains about everything being "too green". Well Bella, those are called leaves. Things that grow, unlike your character. But of course you're used to seeing tumble weeds. They're probably in your brain. That's why Edward can't hear your thoughts. The biggest adventure she takes is to Edward's house and the ... (more »)

tinytechie replied...
blue rain i could not agree more. aside from bella's obvious hatred of mother nature's gifts or of life in general unless it has to do with a bunch of 'vegetarian' vampires, she is also way too obsessed with edward. the number of times she begs him to make her a vampire or to have... you know... is frightening and she makes me sick. when my friends and i saw breaking dawn part 1 we called it 'the best comady of the year'!

Butterfly12 said...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 7:57 am
If you think Twilight is deep and well-written, then books that are actually good would blow your mind.

techi<3 said...
i love twilight at first i thought it was dumb but then i saw trhe movie and it was pretty good and i started reading the books i just absolutly love the twilight saga!!!

alexam replied...
Wow, the same exact thing happened with me. I thought this books was really stupid and pointless but once i saw the movie, i fell in love with it and had to read the whole saga. :)

AlexandraRose<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
That EXACT thing happened to me(almost)! i saw the movie and i thought it was good. Then I read the books and i thought they were AMAZING. But then I watched the movie again and i realized that none of them new how to act and the ''plot'' and ''dialogue'' were both boring. After that realization I decided to read the books once more. I can honestly say that i could not get past the first chapter. The ''plot'' is bland and the characters... (more »)

Jordon. said...
love twilight.
it's extremely deep.
well written by the way (:

alexam replied...
thanks :)
and yes i agree

rosaliehale said...
I really like this book and I agree with your review. My sister loved twilight and I thought it would be stupid. I ended up going to see the movie with a friend for her birthday and thought "I'll enduer it for her" I ended up loving the movie and going home and reading the entire saga. I'm prety obsessed with it now. I love Taylor!

alexam replied...
YES I love taylor too..and Edward..honestly i love everyone haha. But the whole saga realy is sooo good and i can't get enough of it haha.

bandgeek67 said...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 9:33 am
i agree i love the book twilight!!!!!

alexam replied...
haha thanks :) and same here.

heimana said...
I agree 100% about this entire review. First when you were talking about how everyone was obsessed with Twilight, but you did not know what the deal was; that is exactly how I felt before I read it. Like in the sentence, " You may think that it is not worth the time to read and that you have better things to do." I could not agree more because that is exactly how i felt too. Also I love how you give the two specific scenes of when Edward and Bella first meet and when Edward saves B... (more »)

alexam replied...
Thanks for your feedback :)
And yeah that's pretty much what happened when I read the book, I did not think it would be that great at first, but i read it, and I became obsessed even to go out haha. But yeah, it was an amazing book. I love Stephanie Meyer.

heimana replied...
Ya she is a great author. I love all the Twilight books. But The Host is also a really awesome book.

alexam replied...
oh really? i should look into it.

Buuty bup said...
I love robert

alexam replied...
omg hes great isnt he? lol

hottie_with_booty said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 9:59 am
loveedddd thisss book imma crazie fan :))