Twilight by stephanie meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by stephanie meyer

By coreybirdie7 SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio
coreybirdie7 SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio

Stephanie Meyer's debut novel Twilight is a riveting journey through the united worlds of fantasy and high school. As soon as I started reading Twilight, I couldn't stop. The plot is the thing that led me to the book in the start. Boy meets girl, girl likes boy, and boy turns out to be a vampire. The characters are so vivid, so intense, that you feel like if you look up from the pages Isabella or Edward or Alice is going to be staring at you.

It's the love story between a vampire and a human, and the love feels so real, it's hard to imagine it's just a book. The main character, Bella Swan, is instantly likeable, and it's impossible not to empathize with the new couple as their relationship starts to bud. The vampire, Edward Cullen, is captivating with his extraordinary beauty, ancient gentleness, and ability to read minds. Just when the tension eases and it seems like things are going to work out for them (and that's a hard thing to come by, considering their completely different appetites), disaster strikes. The book was so much more than I expected and at its heart, it's more a love story between two beings than anything else. Of course, because one of them is a vampire, there's a bit of hunting and quite a lot of action as well. This was a thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable book

Twilight seems so ordinary; is it possible for this situation to happen in your life? Imagine seeing a guy, more handsome than any you've ever seen, and not being able to tear you eyes away from him. Imagine that the force of your mutual chemistry feels like electricity. This is exactly how Bella feels. Before I read Twilight I wasn't really a fan of vampire novels. In fact I've never read any. Twilight was different because it's a combination of action, romance drama, and suspense. I have never read a book that possesses so many genres. This book convinced me to continue reading the saga. I have currently finished Eclipse, the third book in the series. Lastly is Breaking Dawn. I am highly anticipating reading it. The only thing stopping me is the long waiting list at the library. Any book in this series is worth the wait. Twilight itself was a thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable book; I recommend it completely.

I wrote this review for my journalism class last year. I had just read Twilight and was instantly hooked! Writing this review wasn't an assignment to me;it was an honor!