For One More Day by Mitch Albom | Teen Ink

For One More Day by Mitch Albom MAG

“If you had the chance, just one chance, to go back and fix what you did wrong in life, would you take it? And if you did, would you be big enough to stand it?” That is the premise of For One More Day. I really enjoyed this book and was surprised since it isn’t the type I normally choose to read.

The story is centered around Charley “Chick” Benetto, a former baseball player, and begins in the later years of his life when everything bad seems to be happening. His mother, whom he constantly disappointed, had died years before and he has become an alcoholic. He loses his job, gets divorced, and isn’t invited to his own daughter’s wedding. This last blow leads him to consider suicide, and he decides to kill himself in his hometown.

Then magic happens when he fails in his attempt and “staggers back to his old house, only to make an astonishing discovery. His mother - who died eight years earlier - is still living there, and welcomes him home as if nothing ever happened.”

The rest of the book deals with their “one more day” together. He tries to fix the wrong in his life, remembering his childhood and reflecting on how he never really was there for his mother as she was for him.

So - if you had the chance to fix the wrong in life, would you? That is what you are left asking yourself when you finish reading this book. I recommend it to anyone.

i love this !

on Jan. 17 2015 at 7:16 am
Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

Best book ever :)

Sounds really good!