The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot is a remarkable novel about a high-school freshman named Mia Thermopolis who lives in New York City with her mother, an artist. Mia keeps a journal to record her thoughts about dealing with the stresses of everyday life, her mom dating her algebra teacher, and being madly in love with the most popular boy in school (who, of course, has no idea of her crush). In addition to flunking algebra, she has just found out that she is the princess of a small nation and has to take princess lessons after school with her grand-m/(R)re.

This is a funny and sweet novel that is great for teenage girls. If you ever wished you were a princess, this story might make you think again. Meg Cabot is working on the ninth book in the series, so if you fall in love with Mia, there’s lots more to read.

This novel makes you grateful for who you are and for your family, no matter how wacky they may be. It is an entertaining and all-around great read. If you are looking for some good chick-lit, this is the book for you.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh, pssh posh my applesauce. This is absolutely amazing. This is written with talent and just wonderfully and beautifully, well-written. I love the movie, but this is the first time I've ever heard about it being a book. I'll have to find the book and read it. I'm sincerely glad that this has been published because you have talent and greatness and light and beauty; and so much more. 'Tis true. I'm truly glad that you have been published because you truly do deserve this. Thank you for sharing... (more »)