The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot is a remarkable novel about a high-school freshman named Mia Thermopolis who lives in New York City with her mother, an artist. Mia keeps a journal to record her thoughts about dealing with the stresses of everyday life, her mom dating her algebra teacher, and being madly in love with the most popular boy in school (who, of course, has no idea of her crush). In addition to flunking algebra, she has just found out that she is the princess of a small nation and has to take princess lessons after school with her grand-m/(R)re.

This is a funny and sweet novel that is great for teenage girls. If you ever wished you were a princess, this story might make you think again. Meg Cabot is working on the ninth book in the series, so if you fall in love with Mia, there’s lots more to read.

This novel makes you grateful for who you are and for your family, no matter how wacky they may be. It is an entertaining and all-around great read. If you are looking for some good chick-lit, this is the book for you.