The Face on the Milk Carton This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Janie Johnson has wonderful parents and friends - the perfect life - until, for the first time in a long time, she has some milk. On the milk carton she finds a picture of her when she was younger; it claims she is missing! She begins to wonder, Would my parents ever kidnap anyone? Have I been living with strangers this whole time? Where and who are my real parents? Janie is determined to find her parents and will do whatever it takes, but there’s not much to help her in the old newspaper articles she finds in the library.

I have read all the books in this series and this is the best and the most suspenseful. The Face on the Milk Carton is a page-turner - I read it in two hours. What made it even more exciting is the location, New Jersey. I always thought of New Jersey as a laid-back state, but once I read this book, I had a whole new opinion. You will really be missing out if you don’t read it.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yeah I also read this book when I was in middle school--it was good! I liked your review. In just two paragraphs, you caught my attention. The questions in the first paragraph are what I would ask myself if I was in Janie's situation---this makes the reader relate to the book.

WritingJulia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I read the book three years ago in reading class, and went of to read the 2nd on my own.  Good review.

andromeda13 replied...
iv'e also read it. i thought it a great book! i loved it. 

InvisibleNerdGirl said...
OK. I'm reading this right now. It was SO GOOD in the beginning!!!! But Janie's parents [grandparents? creepers posing as such?] just told her about the whole cu.lt explanation, and it just seems like too much of a pat ending to me. :( Are they lying? Someone tell me they're lying!!! Yes, spoilers welcome!!

Jess S. said...
I LOVE this book ! :]]

starlight26:) said...

This book was pretty good. I enjoyed it most of the way,and it gave an awesome twist. Something u wouldnt expect.

Over all this book was a 4 out of 5 but this review was 5 out of 5!!!Short ,sweet, to the point

Jennie H. said...
I absolutely LOVED this book. I have read the other three books as well. they are the greatest books ever !

savannnnnnah. said...
Oct. 9, 2008 at 12:48 am
My librarian recommended that I read this book. I didn't because the librarian didn't spark my interest when she described the book, although I wish I would have read it anyway. You have written a great review and you have made me want to start reading the book at this very second!