The 365 Things to Make and Do | Teen Ink

The 365 Things to Make and Do

I have recently read the book The 365 Things to Make and Do by Vivienne Bolton. It was a great book which included tons of fun activities you can do outside or inside. The idea was not only to get kids to accelerate in their reading and comprehensive skills but to apply it to the real world and give kids ideas to do on a rainy day.
Ideally, people want very clear and concise directions to make their product. Also, one of the most important qualities for the directions is pace. Other books sometimes go at a fast pace at an advanced level, while others go slowly and include pictures to make it more clearer for you. My book, considering it was made for kids, went at a very slow pace for me to read and understand the directions before I actually did the project. Like I said before, this book included pictures to go with the directions so you know you are doing it right.
Books like mine get very good reviews because of their easy- to- follow directions. My book included all of the information I needed and more. For example, it includes what you will need (materials), general directions on the project, and safety precautions. It even includes tips on making the project look better or different options you can do. Not only does it have everything, but it is very organized as well. For example, on the first page it has the introduction on the activity and the materials, and then it has the directions and tips on the other page to follow. All in all, it was a well-organized children's book that had very good qualities to it.