Voices from D-Day | Teen Ink

Voices from D-Day

May 15, 2009
By Sarah Morrison BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
Sarah Morrison BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Voices from D-Day by Jonathan Bastable is about D-Day and the people that were in it. It helps describe D-Day and stuff that happened before and after it. This review might help you understand more on what the book is about.D-Day, also known as “Doomsday,” was on June 6, 1944. This book describes some thing people went through before, during and after D-Day. On June 6, 1944, almost a million men were sailed across the English Channel to defend the coast of Normandy. During this time, countless acts of heroism, comradeship and sacrifice were shown as the fate of Europe hung in the balance.
The book mainly contains what people said and did about D-Day. D-Day was a day that changed peoples life forever. It was bloodshed and terror for a lot of families. More then a thousand men lost their life fighting for their people to be free. This book also contains direct quotes from journals and diaries that were recorded.
In conclusion, I would recommend this book to any one who likes history or war stories. When you read this book you look at the battle zone like you were really there and you can feel peoples pain and sorrow. I liked this book because it was a rollercoaster of events.