I Wish I Wrote That | Teen Ink

I Wish I Wrote That

The first quote I wish I had written is: “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.” It was written in the book The Fault in our Stars by John Green. This quote is my motivation. It makes me feel I can achieve what I want. This quote broadens my perspective and my thinking about goals. It makes me remember that ‘I can.’
The second quote I wish I had written is: “May the Odds be ever in your favor.” It was written in the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The book itself is a collection of adventure, thrill, motivation, romance and everything. Whenever I read this quote, I feel the adrenaline rush in my body. It has a very powerful impact on me. It makes me feel that nothing is impossible. Everything can be achieved.
Another quote that I chose is: “There is something disturbing about recalling a warm memory and feeling utterly cold.” It was written in the book Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It is a heart touching quote because it seems very true to me. It generates a feeling that is very unsettling for me. It creates an aura which is hard to resist.
Another quote is: “By plucking the petals, you do not gather the beauty of a flower.” It was said by a famous freedom fighter, Rabindranath Tagore. It seems so true that if we like something and we want it, we should not shatter its beauty. If we do shatter, then it wouldn’t matter to us anymore. Its impact will be gone. Forever.
The next quote is: “She died. I survived. Because I survived, I die Every day.” It was written in I too had a love story by Ravindra Singh. This quote makes my heart melt. First, it is based on true events and next, it makes me feel of separation of true love which is unbearable.
Another quote is: “Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it can. And just when you think, it can’t get any better, it can.” It was written in At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks. It is so true because in life it happens all the time. It leaves a strong impact making me think that move on. It is one of my favorites.
The next quote is: “I just don’t wanna die without a few scars.” It was said by Chuck Palahniuk. It makes me feel that I can fight for what is right and what is wrong. It gives me strength to take a stand for the right thing or what I want to achieve. Nobody is rich or poor. It is just a way of seeing after all, money can’t buy happiness.
Another quote is: “We all die. The goal is not to live forever; it is to create something that will.” It was written by Cecelia Ahern. It makes me want to achieve my goals. I want to do something for the society which benefits all. So that they can remember it.
The next quote is: “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. And then there are books, which you can't tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like betrayal.” It is written in The Fault in our Stars by John Green. This quote is so true that it happened to me a time ago. I read a book, which became my life, I read that almost 14 times and feared that no one should read the book, because it is ‘mine’.

Last but not the least, I chose: “If you hear a song that makes you cry and you don't want to cry anymore, you don't listen to that song anymore. But you can't get away from yourself. You can't decide not to see yourself anymore. You can't decide to turn off the noise in your head.” This quote is from the Netflix original Thirteen Reasons Why. This makes me remember of all the times when I felt overwhelmed. Music is the key to every emotion.
All these quotes are close to my heart and some of them make me realize my strengths and some of them give me strength in a true sense.