Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind | Teen Ink

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind MAG

Jim Carrey in a serious role? If all I had seen was his earlier work like “Ace Ventura,” I would not even have considered seeing this. “The Truman Show,” however, offers a glimpse of his serious side. In “Sunshine,” Carrey plays a meek, kind guy. We never really find out what he does, but we know he can be spontaneous. For example, in the beginning, Joel is waiting for a train, presumably to go to work. He has a slightly guilty look, as if he is wrestling with a difficult decision. Finally, he takes off running, almost knocking over many, and barely succeeds in sliding between the closing train doors.

In addition to Carrey’s skillful acting, Kate Winslet, who plays the colorful Clementine, delivers a captivating portrayal of a spontaneous, maybe slightly crazy woman and reminds me of people I know.

Besides Carrey and Winslet, this movie is full of big names like Mark Ruffalo and Kirsten Dunst.

As a whole, “Sunshine” is a terrific movie. With a star-studded cast, creative script, and perfect chemistry between the main characters, this is a paragon among Carrey’s films. Definitely tops in my book.