Carnival Destiny (Cruise Ship Review) | Teen Ink

Carnival Destiny (Cruise Ship Review)

By Stephen Jendritz BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan
Stephen Jendritz BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan

The Carnival Destiny Cruise was the best trip I have ever been on. My family and I got on the ship on Thursday, February 19, 2009. The ship left Miami, Florida at about 4 o'clock AM, I was excited. I had never been on a cruise before, so I had no idea of what to expect. The first thing I noticed was the size of the ship. The ship was huge. It was about the length of a football field and about ten stories high. Carnival Destiny had three pools, five hot tubes, a water slide, a mini golf course and a basketball court all on its upper deck, a lot of places to eat all scattered around the ship, two main dining rooms a casino, a spa, and an auditorium.
At the beginning of the cruise you board the ship and receive little cards that look like credit cards. You get your picture taken and you get to choose the time you eat dinner. Your card not only acts as your room key but it also allows you to get on and off the ship when making stops.
The thing that I was most excited for on the cruise was the food. The ship had everything from hamburgers to lasagna. It had a little restaurant on every corner. When it is dinner time you go to a huge dinning room. You can order whatever you want and whatever amount you want. The waiters are very nice and they even get to know your name.
On the ship the after the stewards are done cleaning your room, they leave little chocolates and a towel behind. But the towel isn't just any towel it's a towel creation. The stewards carefully make little animals out of multiple towels and put them somewhere in you room, they were very cool.
Another thing the cruise offered was shows. My favorite shows were a magic show and a comedy show. They were both really cool because the magician and the comedian were really good and I've never been to a comedy show or a magic show.
On the ship you can go to an excursion desk. At this desk you can sign up for excursions to do on your stops. My family didn't do anything on Key West, but we went snorkeling in Cozumel. The excursion we signed up for not only took us to a reef, but also a beach where there were water trampolines and other water blow up things to climb and slide on. It was really fun.
If I could improve this cruise in any way I would make it a lot longer because it was really fun. I would recommend Carnival Cruises to anybody who likes to have fun. This cruise was my best vacation ever. If you have a chance to go on a cruise I would take it.

on Apr. 17 2009 at 3:24 pm
Francis Merring, Rockford, Michigan
That was too long, my head nearly exploded >:0===Q<