World Trade Center | Teen Ink

World Trade Center MAG

“World Trade Center” is the story of two men’s heroic fight to stay alive amidst the hysteria of the September 11 attacks on New York City.

Inspired by a true story, the film follows policemen John McLoughlin (Nicolas Cage) and Will Jimeno (Michael Pena) after the World Trade Center buildings collapse, trapping them under more than 20 feet of rubble. We also see their wives and families as they go through the day not knowing if they will ever see their loved ones again.

It is impossible to watch this movie and not become emotionally involved. After seeing the utmost despair expressed by these families, one simply cannot help but sympathize with them. A deep sense of hope is exhibited by the men while they are stuck under the collapsed buildings.

The powerful conveyance of these emotions is aided with phenomenal acting. It must have been difficult to portray the events of September 11, but Cage, Pena, and the other actors show the courage and strength of that day with excellence.

While “World Trade Center” is very sad, it helps us to remember those who were affected by the catastrophic events of that day. It is an exceptional movie that displays hope and bravery and I highly recommend it.

i love this so much!