Shane Dawson | Teen Ink

Shane Dawson

May 12, 2016
By andreaburke BRONZE, Clarksburg, Ohio
andreaburke BRONZE, Clarksburg, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Shane Dawson is a 27 year old youtuber from California. He started out making vlogs in 2009, and then started doing skits. His skits were hilarious but very bad acting. He made up a character named Shanaenae, and dressed up as her and played her part. Shane also added his younger cousin in some of the skits.

Now, Shane does a bunch of vlogs and isn’t as active on his, used to be, main channel. He also does a lot of podcasts, and reaction videos. When Shane does post to his main, it’s usually about once a month, sometimes even less. But on his vlog channel, he posts every day.

Sometimes Shane does some collabs with other youtubers, mostly Drew, Lisa, and Trisha. When he does collab, it's mostly taste testing videos, and even challenges. There is a lot of people who think Shane and Drew are in a relationship. They used to think that Shane and Joey was too, until Joey started dating someone else.

Shane has a sick and twisted humor. A lot of people don’t understand it, so they don’t find him funny. He had a rough childhood, so he makes fun of himself often. He also thinks deep frying barbies is hilarious, and with his commentary, it is.

He makes videos about, testing hacks, trying girl products, tasting weird flavors of food, playing with kids toys, conspiracy theories, and cooking. He also has done reaction videos to other youtubers and some musicians. Shane has wrote, directed and casted in a few movies also. He has also made a few music videos.


His music videos are just jokes, and parodies. His movies are funny, and sometimes make fun of other movies. He actually starred in a movie, called Smiley, and it was supposed to be scary, but was actually funny. It only showed in a few theaters.