The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury | Teen Ink

The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury MAG

Have you ever wanted to go to space? Well, no matter what your answer is, Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles will make you want to go. Triumph, failure, and a sense of exploration are all aspects of this wonderfully intense book. At some points, you are amazed with wonder, while others, your heart has fear dwelling in it. Once you pick up this book, however, you won't put it down until you've read every last word on every page.

The story depicts a tried and failed attempt of Americans to colonize Mars, begin new lives and to create another Earth. You also get the additional story of a dying race of beings who hide their emotions behind masks, and are fighting for a way to survive on the dying planet.

From Earth to Mars, from Earthlings to Martians, Bradbury's surreal characters and descriptions send chills down your spine. You follow a varied array of characters on their journey to try to civilize and tame Mars, or to stop people from doing exactly that. The exciting plot pulls you into such a fantastic world that you feel as though, when you look out your window, you'll see Martian landscape stretching across the land.

If you're a sci-fi fan, this is a must read; no sci-fi library is complete without this book. Even if you're not a sci-fi fan, I beg you to give this book a chance, and I am quite sure you will be pleased. From page one, this book will surprise and shock you while keeping you immensely

entertained

i love this !