How Tall Are You? | Teen Ink

How Tall Are You?

By Lindsay Patterson SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
Lindsay Patterson SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

I found the article “How Tall Are You?” to be relatable to my life.  The author, Andrea, tells about struggles that all of us tall girls go through.  The biggest one is being insecure all the time.  When you walk with your friends or through the hallways, it’s a downer knowing that you tower over everyone.  You wish and wish that you were just like your friends in the aspect that you want to look normal.  But, then you remember that you were destined to be like this and you have to learn to embrace it.  Also, being asked if I play volleyball or basketball all the time gets old after a while.  Even though I do play basketball, I don’t want people to assume that just because of my height.   This may sound petty, but you don’t know what it’s like until you live it.  Yes, I have learned to accept whatever comments about my tallness that may come my way.  But remember, they will never stop being offensive.  I think Andrea, the author, wrote this article and a very relatable and truthful way.