The sun will shine | Teen Ink

The sun will shine

April 3, 2014
By KiraLane96 BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
KiraLane96 BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You have to be a soldier, cause if nothing breaks you, you're invincible"


Even when times get hard, stay strong because things get better. You have to be willing to fight for what you want, No matter how much your mind keeps telling you, you cant. You can do anything in the world if you set your goals to do so, and are determined to reach them.

The theme of the poem "The sun will shine" relates to the news story of the “Soul Surfer.” I think this because Bethany Hamilton had lived through a tragedy but didn't let that one thing stop her. At first she let her thoughts get to her and it brought her down, but then she started listening to her heart and she became determined to prove the ones who doubted her, wrong. She showed how she, just like everyone else, could stay motivated, and push through the rough spots, and still come out on top.

Everything happens for a reason, but for you to find that reason. You have to be willing to take risks. Taking risks has two sides, you can either win and be happy or you can lose and be wise. No nothing is promised, but times do get better. That, is a promise and that’s the way it is, nothing stays bad forever.

If you stay motivated, and determined to be the best you can be, nothing can stop you. The dark clouds, those negative thoughts, that continue to hang on will eventually drift away. The storms that dance around, the doubt within yourself, will soon be gone. Then all that’s left is you proving to yourself how strong you really are.

The poem and the news story represents how staying strong when you are struggling can make a change in the way you go about things. It represents how being determined and motivated to keep going, will help you succeed in many ways in the end. You never know how strong you truly are, until being strong is your only choice.