Exited for English | Teen Ink

Exited for English

By Dawnski BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Dawnski BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Exited for English

I have never been exited to go to any English class since 6th grade. Usually, I walk into an English class sad and annoyed. Waiting for the teacher to give me directions so I can read long stories from a 20 pound book, read ridiculously long plays, answer tons of questions from a story, or take unnecessary tests. I was never a fan of the English class.

This year, I no longer have a gloomy when I walk into my English class. I am now exited for English class. I met a nice teacher named Mrs. Zerbe. The way our class is organized is amazing. We actually relate everything in our English class to the real world and have great discussions. I have learned a lot in her class from her awesome teaching style. She explains everything well and tries her best to help everyone reach success.

Mrs. Zerbe is an outgoing teacher. She doesn’t like to yell and always keeps us focused on our work and keeps the class entertained. Her number one rule is respect and does not tolerate disrespect in our class from anyone. She defends her students if someone were to talk about them whether they are in another class or not. She keeps our heads up and makes sure the class stays positive.

She is a positive person and also a great role model. She can help students with their problems. A teacher students can trust and talk to at any time about their issues are rare to find and I think Mrs. Zerbe is one of those teachers. She is a hard worker and caring. She makes sure she gets her job done and cares about all of her students.

Mrs. Zerbe is very inspirational and shows examples of being a generous person. English class has never been my one of my favorite subjects. So now I can thank Mrs. Zerbe for making English one of my favorite subjects.