Van Halen 1984 | Teen Ink

Van Halen 1984 MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

     This hard rock band hit their prime with the album “1984.” This has reached diamond status and is one of the greatest albums ever recorded.

Van Halen has never topped the success of “1984,” which produced their only #1 Billboard hit, “Jump.” The band was a major staple on MTV and radio, though, and the simple yet extraordinary videos of their other two hits “Panama” and “Hot for Teacher” should be in the Music Video Hall of Fame.

This album, being almost pure ྌs-driven, has a few songs with a heavy-synth riff. The band crossed over from being a hard rock band to pop superstars. The classic “Jump” appealed to metalheads and teeny boppers alike.

“1984” is a gem that should be more recognized than it is. It's one of those rare albums that puts you in a good mood and makes you just want to have fun! How can you listen to “Panama” and just sit there? You have to rock out! “Jump” was heard in this summer's movie “Herbie: Fully Loaded.”

If you want to take a break from the mainstream rush, go through your parent's CD collection and pull out this hard-rock-meets-pop album. I assure you that you will have a good time.