Advocacy letter | Teen Ink

Advocacy letter

By Carsen Ballmann BRONZE, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Carsen Ballmann BRONZE, Nashotah, Wisconsin

I have been playing soccer at your complex for a total of six years now and I love your program and facility. I am currently playing on Unreal Madrid (U18) with my friends and we participate in all three sessions for the U9-U18 league. I think your complex offers a great opportunity to play soccer with my friends and I would love to play at your complex for as long as possible. However, I am writing to you asking you to lower the prices of the league at the complex.
When I signed up for the first session this year, it cost everyone on our team about $80.00 for only six games. I find it absolutely ridiculous that we all have to pay $13.00 to play in one game, and not even all the teams in the league are select. This means that half the games we pay for end up being against teams who don’t even take it seriously. I understand that it may be hard to add more games into each session (due to the amount of teams and available fields), but there is no reason to have the prices so high. Considering that, I believe you should offer some type of discount for students, or as a reward for playing so many consecutive sessions.
I understand that the prices to have to be high enough so you can make a revenue and pay off bills, fees, and employees; however, you could offer a discount and still accomplish that. I feel that it would be fairer and rewarding to the players, if we received a discount. A program like this would be much appreciated by all of the teams.
I appreciate everything you do for the players at the Brookfield Indoor Soccer Complex and for allowing us to use your nice facility. I would love to continue playing at the BISC, but the something similar to the discount I recommended would make that much more convenient. Thank you for taking your time to read this letter. If you would like to contact me, I can be reached through the information provided above.

I wrote this to a local indoor soccer stadium, attempting to get them to lower their extremely high and unfair prices.