Kick Ass 2 | Teen Ink

Kick Ass 2

June 1, 2013
By officekid PLATINUM, Encinitas, California
officekid PLATINUM, Encinitas, California
23 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
“You must be filled with expectancy. You must be awash in hope. You must wonder who will love you, whom you will love next.”
― Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane


Currently there is a movie on the shelves of the local Fry’s Electronics store that morphed “superhero” into a conceivable and thinkable thing to obtain.

The film involved an average boy who never developed powers beyond those that one is born with, although a car may have hit him and his bones may have been replaced by a ridiculously strong alloy, similar to Wolverine; however, “superpowers” were never obtained.

The film released in 2010 featured a protagonist far from wealthy and far from “super”. He was, in most regards, average. His name is Dave Lizewski by day (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and Kick-Ass, a hero, by night. This profoundly popular film (based on the comic by the same name written by Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr.) is known as Kick-Ass, and was directed in 2010 by Matthew Vaughn.

The first film introduced its audience to key characters who aided Dave/Kick-Ass in the fight against evil, such as Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) and her father, Big Daddy (Nicholas Cage). The adorable yet twisted conversations between the father-daughter duo was entertainment enough within the movie, and was cause for huge laughs when Nick Cage exhibited a new level of awkward hilariousness. In the film, Hit Girl and Big Daddy take Kick-Ass under their wing as a new “superhero”. They join together to battle against a wealthy New York crime boss, Frank D'Amico (Mark Strong), and instead encounter his son, Chris/Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse). A spoil of the first movie will not be made in the case that the reader has yet to view it; thus, the second film that has yet to be released will be described.

The trailer for Kick-Ass 2 exhibits Hit Girl as a fifteen-year-old facing relatable high school issues (yes, the issues involve girls in their prissiest form) and Kick-Ass in his early twenties. The two seem to have lowered their guards against the evil in the city, (similar to the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises, when it is believed by many to be peace time). Suddenly, a new brigade of villains begins to grasp the city, strangling the people’s well being for the sake of revenge.

In response to the villains, Hit Girl and Kick-Ass choose to round up a team of vigilantes to help sustain the good of the city. Among those accepted into the team is Jim Carry. Seeing Carry with crew cut/gray-speckled hair, a black bandana covering the outskirts of his eyes, a shiny number of golden teeth, and a New Jersey accent is reason enough to view the movie.

Having not viewed the movie, there is a certain amount of information lacking here; however, the trailer has been persuasion for many as bait to venture to the theaters on August 16 (Kick-Ass 2’s release date) for the film.