Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 | Teen Ink

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

You are dropped into the middle of World War 2, and you must fight your way through hordes of frenzied Nazis. In “Medal of Honor: Heroes 2” for the Wii, this is pretty much what you will be doing. Overall, this is a very good game, but there are some places where it can be improved.

The game has you going through different missions in different parts of Germany. Wave after wave of enemies come and try to stop you. They will use anything from sniper rifles to the dreaded bazooka. The game has the graphics you would expect for the Wii. It isn’t as fancy as the PS3 or 360, but it has good detail. This is only the campaign mode. The game also includes an online multiplayer mode, where you can wage war against other players across the country. You can have a 16 on 16 team death match, or a 32-player free-for-all.

There aren’t many other games like this on the Wii. It takes full control of the innovation of the Wii remote. The only other game of this style would be its rival, “Call of Duty”. “Medal of Honor”, however, makes better use of the many different possible functions of the Wii remote.

This game is very innovative for only being the second in the series. It is one of the only decent online World War 2 shooters for the Wii, which makes the game all the more worthwhile. Add that to the immense storyline, and it almost feels like you are in the war yourself.

Even though the game has so many good parts, there are some bad things. If you are within 5 feet of your sensor bar, the aiming goes crazy. In the online mode, the animation is worse. Your person moves, but sometimes they will freeze and teleport to some random spot in the middle of the battle. That makes it even harder to kill you enemies. With the $49.99 price tag, however, it is on the high end of the price chart for games.

Overall, this is a very good game. The flaws don’t severely affect the game play. I recommend this game to anybody willing to spend $50, and is ready to take a while to learn the controls. I give this game 8 dead Nazis, out of 10.