"Lessons in Toilet Paper" Review | Teen Ink

"Lessons in Toilet Paper" Review

By Kyle112 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Kyle112 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

In “Lessons in Toilet Paper” by Jackson Lloyd, a group of friends learn the lesson that even simple fun has its own consequences. After toilet papering and smashing pumpkins at a house, the boys quickly retreated from the crime scene. The next day however the family never showed up at church and instead stayed home to clean up the mess. To make things worse, it rained, causing the entire family it get colds. The resulting guilt crushed Jackson and taught him the valuable lesson that one should always know who they are toilet papering! I both agree and disagree with this exciting article. I personally know the joy and adrenaline rush from toilet papering a friend’s house. On the other hand, however, trespassing on an unknown property without even knowing who is living there is another story. In this article the boys knew who lived there, but didn’t know them that well. Also, it surprised me that the group went as far as to smash the family’s pumpkins on the driveway, which could be considered a felony. I actually have seen a similar event here at Ayersville High School. This summer someone toilet papered the school and stuck glow sticks all over in the ground. All in all, this short story has shown me that although one person may enjoy himself, others sometimes pay the price for his actions.