Reviewing The JRE: Aliens and more | Teen Ink

Reviewing The JRE: Aliens and more

By 1chickenwang1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1chickenwang1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Joe Rogan is the Jack-of-all-Trades. Not only is he a UFC commentator and comedian, but he also hosts The Joe Rogan Experience, the most popular podcast in the world. 

His most watched episode, episode 1315 published on June 20th, 2019 is a 135 minute treat with over 55 millions views, starring guests Bob Lazar and Jeremy Corbell. In this episode, the main discussion topic is Area 51 and Bob Lazar’s involvement in this secretive field. For those interested or skeptical in aliens this is the podcast to listen to. Seeing shorter clips of his rich and entertaining conversational podcasts, each with their own unique signature, I decided to listen to this full podcast because I wanted to get a complete taste of Rogan’s ingenuity. 

In the first 10 minutes of the podcast, I was hooked. The storytelling ability from Bob Lazar engages you; if you are playing it in the background, it will make you want to stop what you are doing and listen to him speak. Lazar speaks on the pressure he faced while working at area 51, contributing to technology most people wouldn’t even know was possible and witnessing what was supposed to be of the highest classified information. He discusses all aspects of his past experiences such as the ongoing consequences of whistleblowing when he leaked information in an interview over 30 years ago. He is honest to his memory, acknowledging when he doesn’t remember something. His speech carries a subtle nervousness and he is careful when he chooses what to say, adding on to his authenticity.

Rogan asks well crafted questions while Lazar is able to condense all of the fruitful information into digestible chunks, making it easy to understand and listen to. He is clear, concise, and sharp. Lazar’s integrity, genuineness, and humility adds to his credibility upon his expertise. 

Rogan’s podcasts cover topics with fascinating insight, leading you to spend hours digging down a rabbit hole learning more about the unending intricacies that they leave for us to eagerly learn about.

Wisconsinite native, but I'm from outskirts of Betelgeuse. I like learning about everything and nothing.