The Computer Museum | Teen Ink

The Computer Museum MAG

By Anonymous

   The Computer Museum is the only museum of its kind, its brochures explain. Whether or not it is, it's a great way to spend a day. Most people are slightly confused when entering the museum and immediately going up five flights in a huge elevator. The reasons? The Computer Museum is located on the top floors of the building it shares with The Children's Museum. Once the museum-goer gets inside, he/she might be discouraged by the fact that all the "toys" seem to be taken. But, don't worry, there are plenty more computers just a little walk away. Although there were a large number of exhibits not working, there were still plenty left to choose from. There are dozens of computers running all kinds of programs, including artificial intelligence imitators, a program that randomly draws human figures, programs that produce fractals, and many others. One outstanding exhibit is a walk-through computer that actually runs a program and shows descriptions of how the computer is working. Another excellent exhibit shows the practical applications of robots and computers.

The Computer Museum is great for computer devotees, and for those who know nothing about computers. The exhibits are all clear and easy-to-use. Not only are there lots of great exhibits, but The Computer Museum solves one of the main problems with museums: foot fatigue. With seats in front of each computer there are lots of opportunities to sit down. The Computer Museum is certainly worth a day n.