The Phantom Of The Opera This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Of all the musicals I have ever seen, Phantom of theOpera is definitely one of my favorites. Directed by Harold Prince,Phantom made its Broadway debut in January of 1987. Phantom is perhapsone of the longest-running shows on Broadway.

Phantom is set inFrance in the 19th century. The story features Christine, a girl whogoes from being an ordinary chorus girl to a prima donna. Christine ismanipulated by three loves: love for her deceased father for whom shehas great respect, Phantom, whom she refers to as "Angel ofMusic," and Raoul. Two suitors, Raoul and the Phantom, compete forher love and attention.

This magnificent work by Andrew LloydWebber features many outstanding songs. My personal favorite is"Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again," in which Christinesings of her love for the Phantom. Winner of seven Tony Awards, Phantomof the Opera is definitely a musical worth seeing

<