Cirque De Soleil | Teen Ink

Cirque De Soleil MAG

Recently, I attended the Cirque de Soleil, a traveling circus that visits many regions of the world. But this was quite different from any circus you may have attended. There wasn't a lion-tamer or an elephant-rider. The clowns didn't cram into a small car or squirt each other with seltzer water. This circus was like none I've ever seen.

First off, the circus was completely silent, except for the ring lady's singing C in French. The clowns there wore strange and ghastly masks rather than face paint and wigs. Then there were other sorts of clowns or, more appropriately, actors and performers. One group wore white suits that glittered under the lights, and did a gymnastic routines including back flips and daring tosses on a huge trampoline.

Another group wore green bodysuits with various bronze chest plates. They did a trapeze act above the crowd without a net! The audience was left breathless. In addition there were solo performers.For example, a Hawaiian man did a baton-like act where he violentlytwirled two sticks of fire.

Another act was performed by thecircus's strong man, who lifted 50 pounds above his head with only histeeth. He also chained himself to a bar that held about 500 pounds andlifted it off the ground, keeping it two feet up for 15seconds!

The most amazing act I saw were the Human Pretzels fromMongolia. These two girls, who must have weighed less than 70 poundseach, stretched themselves in so many directions that it's too hard todescribe.

These were just some of the few things I saw at theCirque de Soleil. If it comes to your city, be sure to attend. Amust-see for all!