Product Review: Bauer 5000's | Teen Ink

Product Review: Bauer 5000's MAG

Slice, cut, pivot, stop. The wonderful game of hockey comes alive as my Bauer 5000 skates eat up the ice. I have owned them for almost two years, and they have lived up to all my expectations. Bauer, the well-known hockey sponsors, have produced the best hockey skates ever.

A black and yellow trim exterior, and the choice of blue, black, yellow or white laces, make these skates fashionable as well as skillfully designed. Bauer 5000 hockey skates are what every hockey player needs to look good and succeed on the ice.

The boot itself can be attached with either black or white tuck blade connectors, which benefits the more developed player who would most likely choose white so that he/she can see the puck better. Little accessories and choices make the Bauer 5000's the best skates yet.

The skate boot is designed to conform to the player's foot; a gel-like substance inside the boot molds to the foot after a few uses. Every time I lace my skates up, my foot fits with ease and comfort.

My skating days with the 5000's have not all been smooth, though.During the first month, the skates left my ankles sore and blistered. The gel had not taken its final shape, so the skates were awkward and tough when it came to taking sharp turns and stopping. Once things fell into place (after about four weeks), the Bauer 5000's almost immediately went from being a painful and terrible skate to the greatest pair I've ever owned.

Some may review a product knowing little about it, but I know from experience that once you truly break in Bauer 5000 hockey skates, you will never wish for a different skate again. Bauer 5000's are the skates for the true player who wants a comfortable product that will help him/her excel.