Olive Garden Review | Teen Ink

Olive Garden Review

May 13, 2019
By 9loganm GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
9loganm GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My family and I have always loved going to Olive Garden. It is one of those restaurants where whenever you think of it, your stomach growls. The food is great, the staff is always attentive, and I have never had a problem there. I go there pretty often, and it has always been my go-to.

As I walk into Olive Garden, I see smiling faces waiting at the podium to check me in. I get shown to my seat, as the waiter hands me a menu and asks me what I would like to drink. I choose the raspberry lemonade: a sweet, delicious beverage.  As I look around, I see everyone sitting down smiling, enjoying every bite of their meal. Waiters and waitresses are smiling and attentive, looking happy to be serving customers.

I look forward, and see the waiter coming back with a basket of the one thing that I always look forward to when going to this restaurant - the breadsticks. The buttery, golden brown breadsticks have always amazed me due to their amazing taste. The waiter asks what I would like to eat, and I choose the chicken alfredo. I get excited when I say the name of the pasta, for it has always been my favorite. After approximately 15 minutes, my meal is set down right in front of me. What I am looking at is a bowl of pasta that is too big for me to finish, but too good to not have most of it. The pasta consists of grilled chicken slices mixed in with alfredo sauce all placed on top of a pile of fettuccine noodles. The taste was buttery and the chicken and the sauce went together very well.

One other menu item I love is the all you can eat Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks. You are able to choose between four homemade soups, endless salad, and endless breadsticks. A soup that my family and I always get is the Pasta e Fagioli. It consists of white and red beans, ground beef, fresh tomatoes, and tubetti pasta. In the salad, there tomatoes, salty olives, crisp red onion, croutons, and parmesan cheese mixed in romaine lettuce. To top it off, the Olive Garden Italian dressing is mixed in too. These three foods are guaranteed to have you leave the restaurant full and satisfied.

A couple things that I have a problem with at Olive Garden would be the wait and just how full you will be after eating. You will not always get in right away because of how popular it is. There have been times where I have walked in and had to leave because the wait would be around an hour on busy nights. Also, the food there will make you want to not stop eating until your stomach hurts. That is a way of showing how good the food is. First they bring out the salad or soup, and then the meal. It is a lot of food to eat.

Overall, Olive Garden is a fantastic Italian restaurant. Whether you are with friends or family, it will always satisfy you and defeat your hunger easily. The food has always been great, and I am sure that it will only get better and better.