Observations | Teen Ink

Observations

By Maddie5224 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Maddie5224 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The article "Observations," written by Madeline Shea B. talks about observing a friend and what is like. Her article left me feeling relatable, and I felt that the article talked about reality and what people see you do. When Madeline wrote, "When people don't realize you're paying attention, they act like they did before you met them." That relates to everyone because there is always someone observing what you do even though you can't see them. They are paying attention, and when they do it’s like you’re like a whole new person, and this girl that Madeline talks about does the same thing every day. Madeline writes, "Her fingers hold a pen and she doodles on the page with her face close to the paper as the teacher speaks." And she writes "She seems to get lost, lost in whatever's on her page for however long until Ms. or Mr. says something that sounds important. Then her head snaps up...after a beat she will resurface and nod at the statement. Then do it all over again." Then everything changes when they get an assignment that allows them to talk. Madeline and this girl get together, and the girl is not so unknown anymore. She's just Madeline's friend.