Top Voted Sonnets

Here are the top voted sonnets:

voted
#1
I’m better off This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     a drumming beatrolls through her headseems screamed aloudbut yet unsaidshe marches onto her new songtries to move onshe marches on“I’m better offbetter withoutI’m better offwithout a doubt.It is a... (more »)
23 comments
voted
#2
Lassitude This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Midnight stars that drag along,foolish man who sings heavy-hearted songs.Flowers in the field - never to blossom,ambitious dreams hidden at the bottom,wonder turns to resentment, as summer turns to autumn.Seasons of... (more »)
22 comments
voted
#3
The Lawless Mind This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
When golden caskets horrors hold,And lead are filled with treasure,Is all that’s true that we are toldSo far away from pleasure?Harpies, Devils, Angels comeTo twist and change our fate,But how can we never succumb To what we can’t... (more »)
11 comments
voted
#4
Valley of the Viking This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     There is a little pass, Way down yonder, Where the Viking roams, Free to contemplate and wander. Between the Great Mountains, Lies the Mystic Beast, The Thrill of the Hunt, the taste of the blade, Soon he will begin... (more »)
10 comments
voted
#5
Sonnet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     The great tree stands ten feet around its baseand reaches past the peak of a steepledchurch. Looking calmly, with knotted face, pastthe great red doors, past the well-dressed people.Old tree, your gnarled fingers... (more »)
10 comments
voted
#6
Maddix This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Little hands wave happilyChubby cheeks drip with spitHis feet spin ’round wildlyWheels turn enlarging his witCuriosity shines in his eyesBaby babble comes out of his mouth He stares at everything with unheard... (more »)
12 comments
voted
#7
In dreamlike daze, one floats and cannot stop With bare feet gliding ’long the raised walkway Beneath the trees whose virgin shadows drop Athwart the planks of splint’ry wood they lay. Reaching ’cross creams and ash of peeling bark The... (more »)
34 comments
voted
#8
National Spelling Bee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
While down my back a bead of sweat does drip, And eyes go flitting to soft carpet floor, My tongue does quake at thought of verbal slip As parent-made applause begins to roar. Letters, sharp as tacks, cease their dark allure, Potent smells... (more »)
18 comments
voted
#9
Impede, Recede, and Concede This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My heart does not beat for you anymore. It powers down, ensuring no emotion. I dare not surrender to your poison potion, But flee from wounds which time could not restore. What a pedestal that has been set, An unyielding power coarse hands... (more »)
46 comments
voted
#10
Love’s Mutation This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Release me swiftly from your red-rimmed eyes, I can't bear contrived smiles anymore. No more false greetings with your cheerful guise, Relieve your cracking façade, I implore. Sunshine-filled days and a happy semblance, Amorous gazes during... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#11
Where Am I? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Where am I? Enchanting Ariel's seas, Ingesting delish treats with Fairy Queen, With hungry Winnie chasing after bees, Or dancing deep in distant forest green? Shhh, are those the seven Dwarfs I hear, Or Snow White singing bliss in peaceful... (more »)
15 comments
voted
#12
White is a Color, Not a Definition This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
What the hell kind of question is that? Please bubble in your race. Am I white? By default I suppose I am. But that does not define me. Is there another box, because if they want to know my race they must also want to know that, I have... (more »)
19 comments
voted
#13
Family Ties This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My daughter knows not of my persona, Of reputation, pomp and circumstance. She dreams of the world outside Verona; She has fallen beneath Romeo's trance. For years we've kept our distance; comfort zones, Which, if crossed, would lead to my... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#14
I take your hand, and think of ways to keep you frozen in this perfect spot with me. We know this is the last good-bye; we weep. Held back are soft good-byes, and those things we cannot bring ourselves to say. Time moves all too quickly,... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#15
Imprint This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Never, never, never do I forget the simple, flannel-shirted smiles you left on my doorstep as I watched the sunset alone, quietly, a painting of theft creeping slowly across a darkened sky. I ran through my thoughts, memories of old parking... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#16
Sonnet 18 As Written By Me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? No, that would be stupid. Firstly, the days of summer are often lame, And I'm biased, thanks to Cupid. It's not that you're lovely or temperate, though; No, you possess something far better... (more »)
9 comments