Top Voted Sonnets

Here are the top voted sonnets:

voted
#1
Impede, Recede, and Concede This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My heart does not beat for you anymore. It powers down, ensuring no emotion. I dare not surrender to your poison potion, But flee from wounds which time could not restore. What a pedestal that has been set, An unyielding power coarse hands... (more »)
45 comments
voted
#2
Love’s Mutation This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Release me swiftly from your red-rimmed eyes, I can't bear contrived smiles anymore. No more false greetings with your cheerful guise, Relieve your cracking façade, I implore. Sunshine-filled days and a happy semblance, Amorous gazes during... (more »)
12 comments
voted
#3
Where Am I? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Where am I? Enchanting Ariel's seas, Ingesting delish treats with Fairy Queen, With hungry Winnie chasing after bees, Or dancing deep in distant forest green? Shhh, are those the seven Dwarfs I hear, Or Snow White singing bliss in peaceful... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#4
White is a Color, Not a Definition This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
What the hell kind of question is that? Please bubble in your race. Am I white? By default I suppose I am. But that does not define me. Is there another box, because if they want to know my race they must also want to know that, I have... (more »)
19 comments
voted
#5
Family Ties This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My daughter knows not of my persona, Of reputation, pomp and circumstance. She dreams of the world outside Verona; She has fallen beneath Romeo's trance. For years we've kept our distance; comfort zones, Which, if crossed, would lead to my... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#6
Sonnet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I take your hand, and think of ways to keep you frozen in this perfect spot with me. We know this is the last good-bye; we weep. Held back are soft good-byes, and those things we cannot bring ourselves to say. Time moves all too quickly,... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#7
Imprint This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Never, never, never do I forget the simple, flannel-shirted smiles you left on my doorstep as I watched the sunset alone, quietly, a painting of theft creeping slowly across a darkened sky. I ran through my thoughts, memories of old parking... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#8
Sonnet 18 As Written By Me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? No, that would be stupid. Firstly, the days of summer are often lame, And I'm biased, thanks to Cupid. It's not that you're lovely or temperate, though; No, you possess something far better... (more »)
9 comments
voted
#9
If I could talk only one short day more This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
If I could talk only one short day more what choice words would I use to speak to thee, which lucky ones would pour upon your floor and rightly make clear what is felt by me? Should I start with a verb, the deepest one that does run in our... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#10
Hidden Beauty, Forever Broken This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The moon shines upon the glassy surface of the hidden black lake in the forest. The stars glistening in the blue sky's place, the moon illuminates the trees at rest as they gently sway in the silent wind. Suddenly, the forest has changed;... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#11
Despair This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The sweat drips down my face The tension threatening to break me I wonder if I'll emerge to see Yet another fearsome place I only yearn for some more space To find a rock and in the lee Sit and ponder a mystery And hope to break this... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#12
The Little Penguin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
On top of the cliff, a flash of black and white, A trail of icy mist lies in its wake. It hurtles o'er the edge and out of sight, A penguin's life and much more is at stake. For this li'l penguin had the thought in his head, The flippers... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#13
Live Long, Prosper, and Watch Star Trek This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
What is the best TV program ever? Why, it is Star Trek, you uncultured fool. Mister Shatner would agree it's better. Data's cat would say it is really cool. Enterprise's engines may be offline, But Scotty, in time, will get them running.... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#14
Evil Comes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
No magic spell could penetrate her skull or ever change the way her life is spent. She fools the unsuspecting and the dull with smiles and laughs that seem so innocent. Her eyes are black and angry but her smile gleams across the bottom of... (more »)
7 comments
voted
#15
The Swing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
By , London, United Kingdom
Imagine me, descending clouds of grey, The roaring of the wind has ceased at last Resembling dawn, ascending summer's day, It harshly pulls me back to my ship's mast I yearn for more, to break the fragile skies, Exhilaration satisfies my... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#16
Teen Ink, Hear Me Out. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Oh great Teen Ink, thou art my loving god. I pray to thee for naught but just one thing: A publication of my lowly work. Oh great Teen Ink, just grant me this one wish! I sit and think of what you might expect From me. I try to brainstorm... (more »)
24 comments