Stupid Love Poem | Teen Ink

Stupid Love Poem

By KittyKat1999 SILVER, Hot Springs, Arkansas
KittyKat1999 SILVER, Hot Springs, Arkansas

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."

-Albert Camus

I told you I was writing a poem, you said to write it about you, I don't really write love poems, so I didn't know what to do.

I thought about it, and I wanted to write about how much my love has grown, and as I began to write, the truth was finally shown.

I told you that your my one and only, and that you complete me, but once the truth finally came out, my thoughts changed completely.

I soon learned about another girl and the tears poured out of my eyes. Now I think about our plans, I'm guessing they were all lies.

You tell me things I know aren't true, but I tell you I believe. I know they're lies, and when I want to go,
You beg me not to leave.

I'm thinking back to the very beginning, I should have left things at hello, My heart is breaking terribly, but I don't want you to go

So now I sit there thinking, telling you I'm perfectly fine, But thoughts of her are ripping me apart, and inside I'm slowly dying.

"Baby girl I love you", "You're my one and only", I shouldn't have trusted you from the very start, I wish that I stayed lonely.

It's been 9 months since we first got together, I'm telling myself I'm so dumb, Why am I still fighting for you? That other girl has already won.

So I guess I'll never finish that stupid love poem I started, I can't write about how I love someone who is completely heartless.

So as I write these final words, I'm trying not to cry, and I'm about to say the words I hate, but now I'm saying goodbye.

I was inspired to write this because of my boyfriend. He asked me to write a poem about him. And I really don't like writing love poems. When I actually began to write one, I found out that he had been cheating for a month. This poem was kinda my way of telling him I'm leaving.

secretpoet_ BRONZE, Vernon, Connecticut

"Don't be delicate, be vast and brilliant"
~ Brent Smith

This was truly amazing, I went through a similar situation and your poem explained exactly how i felt.

on Feb. 28 2016 at 10:10 am
JustBrooke001 BRONZE, Battle Creek, Michigan

Don't Forget To Smile

I wrote one similar to this and I love this one!