Stupid Love Poem | Teen Ink

Stupid Love Poem

February 13, 2016
By KittyKat1999 SILVER, Hot Springs, Arkansas
KittyKat1999 SILVER, Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."





-Albert Camus


I told you I was writing a poem, you said to write it about you, I don't really write love poems, so I didn't know what to do.

I thought about it, and I wanted to write about how much my love has grown, and as I began to write, the truth was finally shown.

I told you that your my one and only, and that you complete me, but once the truth finally came out, my thoughts changed completely.

I soon learned about another girl and the tears poured out of my eyes. Now I think about our plans, I'm guessing they were all lies.

You tell me things I know aren't true, but I tell you I believe. I know they're lies, and when I want to go,
You beg me not to leave.

I'm thinking back to the very beginning, I should have left things at hello, My heart is breaking terribly, but I don't want you to go

So now I sit there thinking, telling you I'm perfectly fine, But thoughts of her are ripping me apart, and inside I'm slowly dying.

"Baby girl I love you", "You're my one and only", I shouldn't have trusted you from the very start, I wish that I stayed lonely.

It's been 9 months since we first got together, I'm telling myself I'm so dumb, Why am I still fighting for you? That other girl has already won.

So I guess I'll never finish that stupid love poem I started, I can't write about how I love someone who is completely heartless.

So as I write these final words, I'm trying not to cry, and I'm about to say the words I hate, but now I'm saying goodbye.


The author's comments:

I was inspired to write this because of my boyfriend. He asked me to write a poem about him. And I really don't like writing love poems. When I actually began to write one, I found out that he had been cheating for a month. This poem was kinda my way of telling him I'm leaving.