New-Years Riot

The Chinese Festival is near,
The running and laughter of little kids in town:
It comes around once a year,
A man wore a mask that had a frown.

While lots of confetti flew by,
People eat delicious foods of rice:
Paper lanterns filled the sky,
A kid played a game and won a pair of dice.

The Zookeepers released the animals in a line,
Acrobats flipped and spun:
As the monkeys swung from vine to vine,
In big red letters the banner read Night Of Fun.

Entertainers performed the dancing dragon,
The rockets lit up the night:
People ate fresh watermelons left in a wagon,
Like streams of revealing light.

Katgirl said...
today at 11:55 pm:
I kinda really like this, very Asian :3

JessiBear777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3 at 4:41 pm:
The imagery is really good! It feels like I'm there; well written!

Love2Read72This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 2 at 9:25 am:
Usually I don't like rhyming poems too much, but the rhymes in this poem work perfectly with the theme. Great description.

ElysiumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 2 at 12:34 am:
conveyed a great poem with RHYMING LINES considering that i cannot rhyme to save my life you are god now

ISeeTheStarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 7:05 pm:
You have such a talent, Gage! Great job!

GhostBeamThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 22 at 7:15 pm :
Ghost Not Gage.

jacey_poo_girlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 19 at 12:47 am:
This is really good, I like how the rhythms fit in the right places no corresponds with each other.. Very well thought out keep writing

raeeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 16 at 4:05 pm:
Really nie read, and smooth flow. The way you described everything put me right in the middle of it all, and it worked very well. The rhythm was very fun indeed, as if it was bouncing along with the festivities. Good job. 

PetraRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 16 at 1:34 pm:
I enjoy the description and format. The description makes it so i feel as if i am really there :) Very Good Ghost

AmunahThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 16 at 1:08 pm:
Hey Ghost B I really enjoyed reading this thanks

SunnyLovesRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 14 at 11:42 pm:
Interesting indeed... The different rhythms are great for this poem, one thing I don't like is the flow, like some thing could be reworded, but other than that I love it a lot Many good things did happen in the poem... :) 5/5 :D

SunnyLovesRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 14 at 11:43 pm :
I also think of this poem as a free verse you know what I mean?

TheUniverseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 13 at 6:38 pm:
Its very good!!!  I like the rhythm.  Keep writing!!

idkmanguyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 11 at 10:34 pm:
Nice  

NobuoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 9 at 7:49 pm:
i love this one, i really like the changing rhythm in each stanza. 

Apr. 11 at 1:55 pm :
I try. Writing Poetry isn't really my thing, but its nice to try something new.   Thank You.

dragoona22 replied...
Apr. 25 at 3:09 pm :
gage hmmmm i know one especially from this last summer but he liked slam poetry so you could be someone diffrent but it was the turn up that got my attention he always said that