welcome winter, my love

Winter is a wise gentleman, and me beguiles
Summer, a hot naughty boy, pesky as Peeves
Spring, a fair young maiden, gathering smiles
Autumn, a fine lady, all dressed up in leaves

Each of these lovely people, I so adore
And yet ‘tis that gentleman, all in white, clad
I so desire to stay longer and try to allure
Some may so often symbolize him sad

His demeanor though I find genteel and refined
His trod so soft, amongst snowflakes brought along
His and mine pleasures, pains so aligned
His frosty, wintry touch, I await all year long

October but half-way and you’ll be here, sir
I’ll put on boots to greet you and that coat of fur

Janelle J. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 20 at 3:24 pm:
Love the symolism and personification in this poem! You do a good job Saphira...Very good!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 11:46 am :
Oh Thanks SO MUCH! This comment just brightened up my day!

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 17 at 5:02 pm:
I love when sonnets are correctly written... <3 Your diction is AMAZING. That's one thing I want to work on, learning new words. Really, this is really good. I really like the whole personification of the thing. I love reading your work!! The only line I would change myself is the last line of the first stanza. It's a little cliche for my taste and kind of seems like you just stuck it in there 'cause it rhymed. I'm sure you can come up with soemthing else. (: WIth that aside, ... (more »)

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 17 at 5:03 pm :
Adding to my comment, you made me like winter... hehe (:

Nov. 18 at 5:41 am :
JETTA!!! Oh My I have missed you and your work. I am definitely coming over to your hobbit hole soon and reading loads. You changed your name see thats why I couldn't find you. You have to tell about stuff like changing the name! Oh and now coming to this comment, OH MY YOU really made my day :D :D  It's the one thing I felt like I really lacked in and you say you like my diction. WOW. thanks. And you're SO right. I guess I REALLY wanted to incorporated "Peeves" into i... (more »)

Nov. 19 at 7:38 pm :
I like that much better... I've missed you too (: I kind of took a break when marching band took over my life xD but anyway. I'm reading more of yours when i get the chance... (:

Nov. 21 at 6:32 am :
Good. Then I'll change that line :)  May good fortune rule over you. Peace Live in your heart and the stars watch over you. Love, Saphira.

Mahnoor said...
Oct. 9 at 1:12 pm:
Wondeful! :D

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 17 at 11:29 pm :
Awesome Dua! Long time no talk, completely my fault. SORRY! I really miss talking to you. Did that dance that you were talking about happen? School is awesome for me, hope all is awesome fo you too <3 Love you             ~Liv btw keep rockin and awesome sauce poem i loooove wintaa

Oct. 20 at 3:54 am :
Oh Thank you both. Oh and Liv. I missed you So much. well, I think I wrote on that thread but anyway, it wasn't that much of a dance, more like a function with performances and dinner after....It went great. I looked great...hehehehe :P And had fun. Its awesome. But studies are overloading me :(   AND THANK YOU. I like this one too.

Oct. 20 at 6:16 pm :
I miss you too! I will go reply in the forum so that I dont blow up your poems comments section! I havent written in god knows how long.....still waiting for the right inspiration! Oh well :( Talk to you soon hopefully!