Because Sadly Life goes on

It is tragic how flimsy life really is
One second goes by and then we’re all dead
Some people can’t come to terms with this
For it is the one thing we all surely dread

But sometimes there are things worse then death
Like everyone close to you leaving you all alone
Your heart becomes so cold you can see your breath
Then you start to rot inside and all that’s left is bone

Even through all this you can’t be brought down
Inside you’ve been defeated and want a way out
You do everything you can just to not drown
With all this confusion comes major self doubt

Stay alive even though everything’s gone
Because sadly life goes on

TheCometThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:56 am:
That is certainly TRUE!!! Life goes on and there's nothing we can do about it except face it and try to get through and get along the way we're passing through. But what I always try to remember is that nothing lasts forever, There's an end for every single thing in this world and that way with every end comes a new beginning along  way...A Brand New Day. I think I got a little far from your topic I just needed to get this thought out of my head ^_^ lol So I'm sorry if it... (more »)

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 22 at 5:02 pm:
True, very true. Though, you can make it through life. Even though, life can get very tiring. Another great poem, as I've said before. Thanks for sharing this, your poem.