The Cat

It is the laziest of all creatures,
It could eat and eat filet all the day long.
Investigative eyes is a feature,
And it will sing to you its forlorn song.

It will avoid you like the plague by day,
Skulking, running, bounding, from room to room.
By night it searches through the halls for its prey,
The hunted will meet its impending doom.

The whisper of whiskers against the door,
Tip-toe, pitter-patter, sneakily creeps.
All at once bounding across the floor,
Whoosh goes the paw across the mouse hole deep.

“Drat!” says the cat, missed the mark once again,
Once more the mouse hunt will have to begin.

Rancom said...
Jan. 3 at 9:47 pm:
It describes a cat perfectly :D

HannabugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 3 at 9:52 pm :
LOL I know I have alot of cats XD

MonsterGirl2000This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 3 at 5:30 pm:
i love it!!

Jan. 3 at 5:37 pm :
Thanks!!!!!!

L7SquariaNThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:58 am:
Cats are my favorite haha, and this poem does them a much deserved justice. They've been underlooked by dogs for too long. The tone was aptly dominating, while the rhyming portrayed their grace and "playfulness". 5/5

Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:04 pm :
Ya same here lol... IDK why people hate cats so much cause mine aren't that bad :/

AlexanderQThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:22 am:
It flows and rhymes really nice. I like the last line the best!

Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:03 pm :
Thanks!!!!  

bulby545This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
its funny i loved it  

Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:15 pm :
Thank you!!