The Moon, as Silver as the Sun is Gold

The moon, as silver as the sun is gold,
Peeks out behind her smoky black veil.
Clouds vanish and her light becomes more bold.
White of marble milk shows her beauty pale,
Bathed in the gentle blue light of raindrops,
Drifting downwards to set the world aglow.
With quiet light resting on the treetops,
She smiles fondly down at the world below.
With brightly lit stars as her entourage,
Glints of glitter in her black evening gown.
A brilliant comet acts as her corsage.
Wishes make the gems of her nitghttime crown.
She safeguards her realm with her silver beams.
And it's here, that restless hearts come to dream.

RedFeatherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:38 am:
Hey, I want you all to know that I submitted this to the American Library of Poetry when I first wrote it, and the contest results are finally in! I didn't win, but I was one of the top choices and my poem had been PUBLISHED in their 2012 edition of "Talented". SO I am now an official published poet! xD

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow. This is amazing. I absolutely loved it!!You are a fanatstic writer-never stop writing. Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! It would mean a lot.

Indilove said...
May 10, 2012 at 8:13 am:

This is so deep and just i don't know how to explain it!!!! It was amazing! You're a fantastic writer! On an article you said for some people to check out your  work I'm so glad I did!!!! I'm noe=t nearly as good as you but could you check out some of mine too please:)

Great job never stop writing!!! You'll probably be famous one day!!!

RedFeatherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:50 am :
Thanks alot! I'm glad that you liked it so much (sorry it took me so long to reply) and I hope you're right! :) 

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem described pure magic~ I wish I lived inside this poem---I hope that makes sense! I loved it~

Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:17 am :
Thanks alot - I'm flattered. And yes, it does make sense. I was originally going for mysterious beauty, but I think I like your description of it better. ;)