Never Sell Your Soul to Dreams

A dream will not be truthful nor sincere,
nor will forgive those welcomers of pain
who err by turning to reality,
to all that lies beneath the heaven's reign.
A dream can have no shoulder to cry on,
nor lends a helping hand when you grow old.
A dream cannot be solid nor be touched.
How does it hide your stone-hard looming load?
Oft it will never vanish nor will leave.
But if it does it shatters in sharp shards
of drunken love, of pain long lost. Alas!—
our nature is so; beware what it guards.
Don’t ever sell your soul to dreams, they say.
If only I had listened; now, I pray.

VillangelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is sooo amazing.! I agree with ArtemisVale, I'm so jealous of your poem.!. Really awesome job, and thanks for reading my piece.

eliana924This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 9:10 pm :
Thanks! I really like your work, too :)

ArtemisValeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 10:12 am:
Absolutly great!!! True emotion and meaning just radiates from the poem and, once again, I'mjealous I didn't write this!! Keep it up, I love your work!

Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:02 pm :
Thank you! I was worried it was too cliche (haha)..but in all seriousness, what do you think?

ArtemisValeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 1:24 pm :
I think you did a pretty good job considering you chose to write about dreams and anytime a writer chooses that as a subject it can easily turn cheesy. However the fact that wrote about it in a more negative point of view without going into the idea of "nightmares" makes it an original piece, so I commend you for that :)

Dec. 23, 2011 at 1:33 pm :
Thanks =] Your feedback is really meaningful for me.

Cello_girllllThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:45 am:
Wow! this is really good! it sound so classic!

Dec. 18, 2011 at 9:00 pm :
Thanks :) Do you have any suggestions for how I could improve it?

Cello_girllllThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 4:04 pm :
 Oh my goodness, not really, Its really amazing the way it is! (Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful)

Dec. 19, 2011 at 4:10 pm :
Haha thanks.. I love your work a lot, too

Dec. 19, 2011 at 7:33 pm :
no problem! And thanks, same!