Extra Credit | Teen Ink

Extra Credit

By Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut
Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" ~Albus Dumbledore

This English test is so very painful
I feel like I am living inside hell.
Although what I learn is very gainful,
I still want to escape and to rebel
Against the vicious ways of the devil.
His pitchfork is as painful as her pen.
I don’t want to scoop down to her level
And so I write this poem to get ten
Extra credit points to bump up my grade
And be in good academic standing
Being fearless I am not too afraid
Of this exam that is so demanding.

Now finally this mid-term is complete

And so I did not even have to cheat.

for my English mid-term last year we were allowed to write a sonnet for 10 extra credit points. (Yes, I did compare my English teacher to the devil...she thought it was funny)

Naomi518 GOLD said...
on Nov. 30 2011 at 9:20 am
Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut

her = my English teacher not me

on Nov. 24 2011 at 10:34 pm
tweetiebruce PLATINUM, Sydney, Other

Life is like music - You can make mistakes so you try again. But when the piece can't be helped you try again another time.

Good but some constructive critisism. You do need to fix up some third and first person tenses. Like when you are talking about your pen you say her but when you talk about it you say it is yourself. Check the last line, it doesn't quite have the same rhythm as the other lines, you might want to shuffle some the words around. Some of the other lines aswell don't have the same rhythm, read it aloud it might help. Have a think about the title aswell. Maybe try something like 'Hell in English' or something. 

Overall very good, and i'm just trying to be constructive and not trying to be mean.