Lighthearted Noon

Row of blue windows: the sky in a door
Little hands reaching with feathery sighs
Burning homes drinking, then asking for more
Wrinkled men smiling; their breath never dies
Prophets and ghosts at an empty table
Sipping goblets of thought, feasting on words
The yoke is easy, the oxen able
An opening cage, a streaming of birds
Scraps from the kitchen are fed to the earth
Melodies of light which draw on so long
Hearts put in basins of mourning and mirth
Singing the story and reading the song

Invoke the full moon, listen to her talk
Windmills today and the Good Shepherd’s flock

An-eloquent-leafThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2012 at 12:16 pm:
What is on my mind? What is on...my mind? Hm. Lots of things, actually: this fantastic poem of yours I have just read; the lovely quote below explaining how poetry isn't really a hierarchy, but more of an ocean; a new friend I have made recently, even though we've talked more over email instead of face-to-face at school; a seven-year-old girl who died in a car accident yesterday; the mother of the girl, who accidentally caused, well, the accident; a Catholic Father friend who spontaneously decid... (more »)

savetheplanet said...
I like how your poems are always filled with symbolism and aren't the normal types.  I hope to reach your level one day.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 6:19 pm :

You're always so kind, Liz. :)

Poetry, I think, is not a hierarchy. It's like the surface of an ocean. There are ripples and waves, and each of us poets is like a little boat floating on top. Sometimes, when the water rises there, we feel like we're lower than the poet where we float over here. But one must always remember that we float on the same waters, and the God of the Sea holds us in the same regard. The depth is the important part, not the surface. I'm not a better poet than yo... (more »)

savetheplanet replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 6:54 pm :
That was a very inspiring speech Raven, thank you! :)  Classes are slowly draing the life out of me and burying me alive with homework.  Other than that they're quite enjoyable! XP  How're yours going?

Sept. 15, 2011 at 3:44 pm :

Same here. I definitely feel like America's educational system needs to be reorganized.

Algebra and AP US History are killing me, but I take painting to take the edge off of school life.

savetheplanet replied...
Sept. 15, 2011 at 6:35 pm :
Wait, you're taking APUSH, but Algebra at the same time?  Huh.  I have Algebra II and AP Euro.

Sept. 15, 2011 at 7:23 pm :
Well, Algebra II, I mean. What electives can you take?

savetheplanet replied...
Sept. 15, 2011 at 8:05 pm :
I'm currently taking Dance, which counts for my art and p.e. credit, french 3, and ap comp sci as my electives.

Sept. 16, 2011 at 7:07 pm :
All excellent choices. Computer science would bore me, I think, though.

savetheplanet replied...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 9:09 pm :
Really? I'm such a geek I keep programming side projects while my teacher is lecturing on how to program labs I've already finished.

IamtheshyStargirl said...
The photo you chose is absolutely perfect for this, it all seems simple and amish to me, sepia-toned and light.

Sept. 13, 2011 at 5:42 pm :

I often think that the Amish have a purer idea about how to live life than most Americans, at least, do.

The photo reminded me of a beautiful painting which as remember seeing as a young child.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 7:33 pm :
It is perfect indeed, then.