Death

I see what you hear
I hear what you see
Listen close
Eyes wide open
the truth comes from within thee

I am the monster
I am the nightmares
I lurk in the shadows
Watching, Waiting
For a victom
I am a punishment
I am a victory
I am loved yet hated
The theif
Of what is cheerished most

I go by many names
Joy,Hate,Luck, Vengence
But known for my trademark
I am dark and twisted
I am Light and free

I break you of your berriers
I wrench you from life
I am chosen
I am prevented
I am them
I am you.

Olajide said...

Really brave of you to tackle this subject. I think my poem titled "Death Reject" has something is similar with this. Only that mine tackles different subject while yours tackles strength and courage. i read through yours once again and i see a face of death being bipolar. Nice way of portraying death. 5 stars.

If you will take a look at my work "death reject" it will be really amazing of you. thanks and i'm glad I take a look at your work. keep it up.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really lke this captain. and i lo ethe last line. i also like how you hate shoes. very nice.

--Stitch-- said...
I agree. I've got to. This is the best work I've read by you. Death is your best piece. I can't stress that enough. :)

sunrise_faerie said...
By far the best piece I've read by you... you're very talented. Keep up the writing! I am beyond words at the moment at this particular poem... it is just.... unbelievable... wow.