Today We Remember

Today we remember our protectors
The valiant women and brave young men
Lieutenants and captains their directors
Courageous defenders of now and then

To soldiers who survived and came back home
To those who took their rest in Flanders Fields
I dedicate to you with thanks this poem
You’re heroes to be America’s shield

Those who rode into battle on horses
Combating to create a nation freed
Those serving today in the armed forces
Who fight with sacrifice and lacking greed

Today we remember those of our nation
Who battled for future generations

brax34 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:49 am
this is sooooo awesome!  i love it!

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks, I really appreciate it!

A_Dreamer said...
It was so deep! I love how you dedicated the poem to the soldiers, they definitely deserve it. :) And you had great diction in here!

Thank youuu!

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That was awesome, very well-worded, nice rhyme and rhythm, and wonderful message.  We should always commemorate those who died defending our country.

Thank you, and I agree.  People tend to take their sacrifices for granted.

ShenelleCrystalx3 said...
That was soooo good ! Don't stop writing your so good :) Come check out my poems , thank youu :)

Jun. 18, 2010 at 11:14 am
Thanks, I definetly will!

Jane_P This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
A great tribute to our many soldiers who often go without recognition. Fantastic, keep writing!

Jun. 18, 2010 at 11:16 am
Thank you!  I read this in front of my whole school for memorial day!  It was quite frightening!  I'm glad I did it though.  :)

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 7:49 am
wow, this is sooooo amazing/1!!!! i love this-awesome way of putting it-its sooooo good!!! please check out some of my work

Jun. 18, 2010 at 11:14 am
Thanks, I'll check out your work too!