The Rain

Droplets sliding down my glass window pane,
A miracle in a liquid disguise.
I watch the simple beauty that is rain
The heavens do cry tears, I realize.
The skies split apart, enabling and
Allowing the sweet droplets to fall down
To Earth. I extend my arm and my hand
Gets wet. Rain sprinkles upon the whole town
Making our sunny day gloomy and sad,
(At least in most people's opinion.) Splish!
Splash! Splosh! Jumping in the puddles is rad!
Plpo! Plop! Plop! The drops fill the doggie's dish.
The wet liquid tears that fall from above,
The wet liquid tears I have come to love.

sleeplessdreamer said...
Alright, so you've spoliled me some with all your other works, so it took me off guard when I didn't like this one as much. The rhyming was difficult to understand. ANd what is the deal with you and those one awkward words in each of your poems???? RAD?? Don't torture yourself to make something rhyme. Just... anyother word... any other word PLEASE!!!!

Jynxx replied...
it was a project for drama last year. I'll admit after I read this, I didn't like it as much as I thought. Sonnets and poems that rhyme really aren't my thing. But thanks for commenting ^^

ChickenBoy93 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:00 am
I like this, mainly because i like the rain alot too.  I looked over the majority of your poems, and i'm sad to say i have a little trouble reading them.  I guess i'm so accustomed to reading my own style of writing that is full of rhyme and a particular rhythm, that its hard to read something that isn't so meticulously rhyming.  But from what i did read, they are good. 

Jynxx replied...
that's okay ^.^ rhyming really isn't my thing, though i admire those who can. thanks for commenting!

--LoveHappens-- said...
that's sweet I think the rain is very peaceful unless it goes on for too long. Haha great job

Jynxx replied...

=] thanks! and i read your story about having someone to laugh at. i thought it was really good!

>.<

--LoveHappens-- replied...
thanks so much!!! your work is great too

...PensiveGurl... replied...
^_^                       

peacechild said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:43 am
I agree with your view on the rain - I love it. I also like this poem. I like the line about "drops fill the doggie's dish," it is really sweet. My only suggestion is to maybe consider more sophisticated words for "sad" and "rad" just because the rest of your poem is so good it makes those little words seem kid of out of place. But then again, that is just my suggestion - in all I think it is a great poem. :)

Pensive?Gurl replied...
yay! thanks a lot!
>.<

EmC725 said...
lovely!!! I feel just as you do about rain! very descriptive! I could picture exactly what you were saying! Great job! Rain replenishes and gives live, but sometimes it does more harm than help--that's it's mystery. I love rainy days, even when they make me feel blue!

Pensivegurl replied...
Me 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<

QuestionAuthority said...
I liked this poem better than all of your others that I read put together :) It was really interesting and you used good descriptive imagery.

Pensivegurl replied...
thanks. >.<

musicislife This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
loved it ^^^^^^^^^

Pensivegurl replied...
Thanks, musicislife!!!!!!!!!!O.O

Imagination! said...
Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:09 am
wow i love it, the first two lines had me blown away, your fab. keep up the good work as thats the only way to improve - also, take peoples comments with a pinch of salt, if your happ with a piece then pay no attention to anyone else. It's yours!

Pensivegurl replied...
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
O.O

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the part about the liquid tears from heaven...however, I don't think it needs to rhyme. If I were you, I would focus more on making it intense and condensed rather than rhyming. Good job however and keep writing b/c that is the only way to get better! :)

Pensivegurl replied...
Poetry really isn't my thing, but I write it anyway sometimes.
I had to write a sonnet for Drama (YES DRAMA wierd I know!) and some of the lines had to rhyme.
However thanks for the comment.