Dysfunctional

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

We were so wrong,
That we made it right.
We slept through the day,
And only talked at night.
We never told the truth,
We only lied.
We always laughed,
When we should have cried.
We were never bland,
We had to add spice.
We were always naughty,
But rarely nice.
We used the words hate,
Instead of using love.
We fell into a ditch,
Instead of rising above.

This poem was inspired by a previous relationship... can you see why it didn't work out?!?

Coran BRONZE said...
on Mar. 23 2010 at 6:20 pm
Coran BRONZE, Loganville, Georgia

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” -James Dean

i love it!!! and can most definitely see why it didnt work...

.rauha said...
on Mar. 23 2010 at 7:39 am
.rauha, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

"Life is short; buy the shoes."
Haha, not really...how about, "It is what it is."

As bluemagnet said: "Thnx for ur feedback:) but honestly i'm kinda tired of everyone talking about how the poems r in the "wrong" categories....doesn't the content n flow of the poem matter more?"

I agree about the flow of the poem, but a sonnet has a specific form. You cannot call your poem a sonnet if it is not. I like your poem, it's beautiful, but it really isn't a sonnet. I've written them before, and they are a tough form to master.

on Feb. 23 2010 at 4:43 pm
MangoMoonlight BRONZE, Newton, Massachusetts

"Perfect is the enemy of good"

You're right! They never specify what type of sonnet.

on Feb. 23 2010 at 1:14 pm

Thnx for ur feedback:) but honestly i'm kinda tired of everyone talking about how the poems r in the "wrong" categories....doesn't the content n flow of the poem matter more?

on Feb. 7 2010 at 7:19 pm

"Perfect is the enemy of good"

I don't think this is a sonnet. They have to have 10 syllables per line.

on Dec. 11 2009 at 7:05 pm

Thanx:))

lol ur a great writer too n i"m sure u could capture it as well probably better lol but thanx for ur comment:))

on Dec. 11 2009 at 7:02 pm
Lixxy_93 DIAMOND, Westminster, California

"If you have them, flaunt them" -Circle of Friends

"may the saddest day of the future be no worse then the happiest day of your past" -irish blessing

If male homosexuals are called "gay," then female homosexuals should be called "ecstatic."

its amazing, i would think that everyone would have a relationship like this at some point in their lives, and you managed to capture each moment perfectly. even tho i have felt the same, you did a better job then i could have ever done trying to write on this. great writing, keep it up

kpf1991 said...
on Nov. 11 2009 at 10:13 pm
kpf1991, East Hanover, New Jersey
Hey could you check out "anguish" or "They see through me" and rate it or just let know what you think? you have great talent and i'd really appreciate your input

on Nov. 7 2009 at 10:35 am

Thanx:) i appreciate ur opinion;)

on Nov. 7 2009 at 10:28 am

Oh thanks:)

on Nov. 7 2009 at 10:28 am

Thank you:) awe I'm sry u just got dumped:(

on Nov. 7 2009 at 10:27 am

Oh thanx:)

on Nov. 5 2009 at 12:53 pm
Jackie Smithson, Charleston, Colorado
Love it sure has its ups and downs lol and you captured that well

on Nov. 5 2009 at 12:38 pm

idk i really don't think about it too much i just write lol sry i wish i could help!

Joey36 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 12:36 pm
Joey36 BRONZE, Lansie, Wyoming
How do you make your poems flow so well?

Joey36 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 12:21 pm
Joey36 BRONZE, Lansie, Wyoming
Haha it made me giggle

~Corrii~ said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 12:02 pm
~Corrii~, Romeo, Alaska

look before you fall

Naughty n Nice lol love it!!! The words you used are amazing and then on top of it all you made it flow and ryme! You are AMAZING!!!! lol i'm jealous =P

Alexx627 said...
on Oct. 28 2009 at 2:41 pm
Alexx627, Moline, Illinois

If you do what you did then you'll get what you got

Vry Good=) Well written n quite cute

Wilsonm said...
on Oct. 21 2009 at 4:36 pm
This poem is extremely well written. I hope to see more from you I the future. This poem is interesting right from the start, when you said “We were so wrong” you had me attention immediately. This is also every emotional like when you said “We always laughed, when we should have cried.” So keep up your righting and make more poems soon.

on Oct. 20 2009 at 6:06 pm
Pink_Butterfly, FC, Other

"Never say there is nothing beautiful in the world anymore. There is always something to make wonder in the shape of a tree, the trembling of a leaf."
- Albert Schweitzer.

Very good. Reminds me of a relationship I still have :|

Swoon Reads

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!