Dysfunctional

We were so wrong,
That we made it right.
We slept through the day,
And only talked at night.
We never told the truth,
We only lied.
We always laughed,
When we should have cried.
We were never bland,
We had to add spice.
We were always naughty,
But rarely nice.
We used the words hate,
Instead of using love.
We fell into a ditch,
Instead of rising above.

Posiedensheartbreak said...
I just got out of a really distructive relationship and this poem just summed it up for me

Emilicious said...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:39 am
I absolutely loved it. It reminded me of one of my relationships as well. Keep writing, you're so talented.

EternallyMe03 said...
Great and totally relatable poem- I really like the ending and how it sums everything up, yet still leaves you wanting more. Beautiful job.

3Fran said...
very well expressed + i love the words u chose to make it rhyme

JuneTaz said...
This poem is cool because it describes the bad in a relationship, and that line "We only lied" is relatable to. Thanks for taking out the cheesiness connotated with love! 8-D

ThursdayAngelus said...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 9:43 am
It was very well written, and i liked the way you used the repetitive beginnings for lines, it really helped drive the feeling of the peom home. Over all, it was really emotional, and i liked it alot.

TaylorJade said...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 8:52 am
Wow. This is just like my crazily messed up and barely functional relationship. It is insane. People just don't understand the half of it when I say, 'It's complicated.' Haha. (: anyway. This is amazing! You did a FANTASTIC job with it! (: I love it!!!

mfischer said...
I think this can relate to alot of relationsships It is a really good poem i like it :)

NightGoddess17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 21, 2011 at 8:15 am
i love the honesty of this poem! it's very powerful

SwagGuy101 said...
Dec. 21, 2011 at 12:20 am
I like this a lot it reminds me of my own, could you please look at mine and give me some advice if you can.

PrincessBubblegum said...
I dig this. It's a familiar feeling. 

Lola_Black said...
I love it! Very honest and beautiful. To tell the truth, I thought it was about a family at first.

foolish_dork said...
Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:05 am
this poenm is beautiful and plain out honesty and simple <3 it !!! i hope you continue writing poems

FULLSTOP said...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 3:48 am
ow. i really can see why it didn't work out. but i see that because of the talent u have. please check out some of my work! thanks x

petleavitt said...
I love this!! plz check out my work everyone!!! and comment

TaylorBreanne said...
I really like this. I could really relate. I would love to know what you thought about my writing, so please check it out ! thanks !

Calliashi said...
Sept. 24, 2011 at 11:08 am
Good poem. The relationship didn't seem to work out, lol. But really this is a great piece. I'll be looking out for your other pieces as well ;)

Narene_baby said...

I really enjoyed this peice. You put the realtionship in words everyone understood but still had a good flow. If you would like you should check out some of my poems. I am somewhat new at this site and would love your feed back. :)

FreedomIsMyVirtue said...
The reasons why relationships don't work! Good job on this poem! 

iHope said...
Very interesting... it described the actions of many people in modern society. Beautiful job (: