You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Jenga142 said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 6:32 am
really moving and clever because most readers can find a way to relate to it.Fantastic,well done !!!!please checkout my work too!!!! xxxx

Sarah0227 replied...
this is really mooving the exact same thing happened to me recently and your poem hit me and....i cant even find the words to explain it its really fantastic great job! :D

yousaypotato... said...
thank you for writing this. me and my bff went trhough this. she got a concussion and suffered a personality change without knowing it, and she changed for the worse. it was hard. youll get through this.

reg93 said...
okay, you are an amazing writer!!!!!!!!!! (:

spencyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
VERY NICE,WOWWWWWWW,PLEASE VISIT ME

bloodysouls said...
haha your apsolutely right this is fabulous..haha i love it..

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i love it! good job!

mnmchangy said...
Your poems speak the truth! I love your poems:)

tati_pax said...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:36 am
ilove this! it made me think of someone in my life..& iwondered if maybe even ihad changed.

alvarezs46 said...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 10:49 am
I think this poem speaks to alot of people, including me. Sometimes you don't realize things about a person you thought you knew until a large amount of time has passed. It happens.

Bria_Elliott said...
This is Brilliant, i think iread this a thousands times before i made a comment.

GemValley250 said...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 6:16 am
I love this! Well done!

LunaIsNotHere said...
I can relate to this poem...this guy who I've had a huge crush on since 7th grade used to be the sweetest guy and my sophomore year in HS I hadn't seen much of him at all, Junior year I realized he is now very arrogant and self centered. It breaks my heart. He never used to be like this.

Mystiecub said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 9:37 am
I loved this poem, the rhyming and the overall words in general really took me back to some memories...

zone7494 said...
I love this poem. You should check out my poetry too here is the link to one of my poems TeenInk.com/poetry/sonnet/article/349142/poetry-speaks/

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It was a very touching poem!!! I relate to as well. Great job! i just wrote two stories called nightstalker and the beast. If any of u read them please post comments if u liked them or not or if i should change anything. Thanks! :D

dreamerz said...

Wow... I love this. I don't know what to say. Great job doesn't cover it... 

Would you check out my poem, Change, that I just posted on my ElleNicole screen name/account? I am new to Teenink and I really need feedback. Thanks! 

Loverboy12 said...
I like this piece of work alot simply because it moves me .  I read it and i can see myself in your place.  Thank you for posting it.

raidersrock08 said...

this is amazing this relates to soo many friendships and i would like to say it relates to my life, such a good

poem

LoveMeSoDear said...
This explains me so well =/